ACOEP values the hard work of Joint Providership Partners and strives to make the application process as clear and concise as possible. The following is an outline of the basic procedure for applying for joint providership approval, as well as basic guidelines for approved programs.
1. Submit a completed Joint Providership application at least 60-days prior to the planned activity.
2. The ACOEP Department of Educational Affairs will complete a preliminary review of the application.
3. If the application for pre-approval is approved, ACOEP will provide an accreditation statement and an ACOEP logo that must be included on all marketing materials for the proposed activity. All marketing materials must be approved by the Department of Educational Affairs prior to distribution to prospective attendees.
30 Days Prior to CME Activity:
The following documentation must be submitted to ACOEP and approved 30-days prior to the CME activity:
1. Acknowledgements in program materials
2. All promotional materials including postcards, brochure, fliers
3. Evaluation form(s)
4. Faculty Disclosure forms from all planners and presenters
5. Faculty Biosketch or CV from all planners and presenters
6. Meeting budget
7. Program agenda
60 Days After the CME Activity:
Collection and submission of the following materials must be submitted to the ACOEP 60-days post CME activity in order for the ACOEP to officially grant CME credits:
1. All on-site materials including program book, handouts
2. Documentation showing how the program disclosure process occurred, i.e. disclosure slide for each speaker, summary slide showing all disclosures, written in program agenda
3. Final financial accounting
4. Participant evaluation summary report
5. Verification of physician attendance (attendance rosters, sign-in sheets)
6. A statement reflecting the distribution of program evaluation documents (e.g., The beginning of the program, random survey etc.)
7. A copy of the program outcomes questionnaire and total number of outcomes questionnaire documents returned by conference attendees.
Any questions regarding documentation, or the application procedure can be submitted to:
Manager, CME Accreditation & Compliance