Members are encouraged to nominate a qualifying colleague, or to self-nominate if you know you have the passion and vision to contribute to our growing College. This is your opportunity to have a voice at the highest level of our organization!
We are seeking emergency physicians with various practice focuses, including academics, “pit docs,” rural providers, and those with subspecialty interests such as critical care and pediatrics.
Nomination to the Board of Directors of ACOEP is available to any active member, including fellow members and distinguished fellows, in good standing with the College. Student and resident positions are elected separately through the Resident-Student Organization (RSO).
- A three-year commitment to serve on the Board.
- Meeting in person, twice annually at ACOEP’s conferences (Scientific Assembly, Spring Seminar)
- Conference calls, generally held no more than once per month, but occasionally more if needed.
- A commitment to serve ACOEP’s members and enhance ACOEP’s community and field of Emergency Medicine.
To submit a nomination for yourself, or another member, please send the following for the nominee:
- A brief letter explaining interest in serving on the Board
- A current CV and photo
Email your submission to Adam Levy, Interim Executive Director, at email@example.com.
Nominee submissions are reviewed in April, with Board elections occurring in the fall prior to Scientific Assembly.
Thank you for all you do,
Christine Giesa, DO, FACOEP-D
Immediate Past-President; Chair, Nominations Committee