WestJEM, one of ACOEP’s benefit partners, is offering residency programs the opportunity to become Department Subscribers. This status is currently shared with more than 80 other emergency medicine academic departments nationwide, and offers open access dissemination of scholarly work for the programs.
The Western Journal of Emergency Medicine: Integrating Emergency Care with Population Health (WestJEM) is the official journal of ACOEP, focusing on how emergency care affects the health of the community and population, and how these societal challenges affect the composition of the patient population seeking care in the emergency department. It is an accepted source for indexing in the National Library of Medicine MEDLINE database as well as all other major medical databases.
For an $800 subscription fee residencies can become a department subscriber to the Journal through June of 2020— that’s a half a year free!
With your subscription your academic department will receive the following:
- Waived WestJEM article processing fees (APF) for up to 3 manuscripts by first authors who are faculty members from the subscribing department – a savings of up to $1500 per subscription year. APF for other accepted WestJEM manuscripts will be discounted 15% or $425 per article.
- Discount of 15% on a subscription to the online publication, Clinical Practice and Cases in Emergency Medicine (cpcem.org). The article processing fee (APF) is $425 for first authors who are faculty members from the subscribing department.
- Six (6) editions of the full-text electronic versions of WestJEM and four (4) editions of the full-text electronic versions of CPC-EM. Up to three (3) print editions of WestJEM will be sent to your department for faculty annually.
- Free full-text issues of WestJEM and CPC-EM for all residents in the subscribing department.
- Free com postings of your department’s CME advertisements that are consistent with the ethical policies and align with the missions of the journal’s sponsors.
- Free online advertising of your department’s job postings on the Academic Job Board that are consistent with the ethical policies of the journal’s sponsors.
- Early -Bird announcements of Open Review or Section Editor positions at the Journal, a great source of scholarly activity.
Interested academic departments should complete the online form for Department Subscriptions at https://westjem.com/forms/subscribe.